Information to include on a tax invoice
Tax invoices for taxable sales of less than $1,000 must include the following information:
- The words “tax invoice”
- The seller’s identity
- The seller’s Australian business number (ABN)
- The date of issue of the tax invoice
- A brief description of the goods or services sold including quantity, if applicable
- The GST amount (if any) payable – shown either separately or, if the GST amount is one-eleventh of the total price, as a statement such as “Total price includes GST”
- The items on the tax invoice that are subject to GST and those that are not
In addition to the above information, tax invoices for taxable sales of $1,000 or more must include the purchaser’s identity or ABN.
There is no need to have two tax invoices, one for taxable sales of less than $1,000 and one for those more than $1,000. If your tax invoice meets the requirements for sales of $1,000 or more, you can also use that for sales of lesser amounts.
Please contact us if you would like to discuss any of the above information to include on a tax invoice. We would be happy to assist you.